- 2 cups packed basil leaves
- 2 clove garlic
- ¼ cup raw pine nuts
- ⅓ cup Parmesan cheese*
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup millet
- 1/2 lb asparagus
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2–3 large eggs
- Rinse ½ cup of millet and combine 1½ cups of water. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Cook for until water is absorbed, 15-20 minutes.
- Light grill. Toss asparagus with olive oil and place on grill. Cook until lightly charring and soft.*
- In a dry skillet, lightly toast pine nuts. Set aside and let cool slightly. In a food processor, pulse garlic. Add in basil, pine nuts, parmesan cheese, olive oil, and lemon juice. Pulse until well combined, adding more olive oil/lemon juice as needed.
- Finally, bring a pot of water to a boil and reduce to a fast simmer. Add eggs and let cook for 5-7 minutes (5 minutes for runny yolks, 7 minutes for slightly firmer yolk). Remove and place in an ice bath for 60 seconds.
- Toss together millet and pesto, spread onto platter. Top with grilled asparagus and serve eggs on the side.
Asparagus can also be roasted or cook in a regular pan. Parmesan is not vegetarian, leave out if desired.