- 1 recipe for pesto (see note)
- 3-4 carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 1 cup chickpeas, drained and rinsed if using canned
- Make pesto according to directions.
- In a bowl, combine carrots, cooked brown rice (or other grain), and chickpeas. Stir until well combined. Divide into 2-3 containers and store in the refrigerator to grab throughout the week.
+ If raw carrots aren’t a favorite of yours, try steaming or blanching the carrots for a few minutes, just to make them tender but not mushy.
+ I’ll often just leave the parmesan out of the pesto to leave this vegan. I’ve also been know to use sunflower seeds in place of pine nuts (I’m pretty free with my pesto).