I’m on a salad kick. I think the colder the weather gets, the more I start dreaming of fresh produce, farmers’ markets, and CSA’s (even more so with the big move!) I find myself gravitating towards hearty salads. This salad is a combination of my favorite peanut noodle bowl and a salad I had at a local restaurant.
Any veggie would go well here (I’m picturing some crisp cucumbers and maybe some green onions). The dressing is a bit of a guess- I tend to add more or less of something depending on the flavor I want that day.
Peanut Noodle and Sprout Salad
- 2-3 handfuls lettuce
- 1 handful bean sprouts
- 2-3 tablespoons roasted peanuts
- 1 carrot
- 2-3 ounces brown rice noodles
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/2\" piece ginger
- 1 clove garlic
- Pinch crushed red peppers
- 1-2 tablespoons tamari (soy sauce)
- Juice from one lime
- 2-3 tablespoons cilantro
- Bring a pot of water to a boil, add rice noodles and boil for 4-5 minutes until tender. Drain and rinse under cold water.
- In a food processor, pulse garlic and ginger into fine bits. Add in peanut butter, honey, tamari, lime juice, and cilantro. Pulse a few more times, add red pepper flakes if using, pulse again and taste. If mixture is too thick, add a little water.
- Toss lettuce and noodles with peanut dressing. Top with bean sprouts and roasted peanuts. Carefully peel carrots and use as the finishing touch!