Post sponsored by Stash Tea. See below for more details.
The summer heat has set in and I’ve been making popsicles every week thanks to all the fresh, in-season produce. Peaches have been in my house on a daily basis (I’m a bit obsessed with making this peach bbq sauce) but for this recipe I wanted to combine peaches with another summer staple: iced tea. These peach tea popsicles come together quick, are low on sweetener (because the peaches don’t need much help), and use a bit of almond milk for flavor (and to keep these vegan!) The best part- they only take about 15 minutes to assemble. The hardest part is waiting for them to freeze!Print
Summer peach popsicles with fresh peaches and a dose of black tea. Add a splash of bourbon for an extra kick!
- 1 pound yellow peaches
- 1 cup plain (unsweetened almond milk)
- 1 Stash American Iced Tea bag
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Bring a pot of water to a simmer. Cut an ‘X’ in the bottom of the peaches and place in the simmering water for roughly 30 seconds, just enough to loosen the skin. Remove from the water and let cool enough to handle. Peel off the skin, remove pit, and cut into wedges.
- In a small skillet heat almond milk until hot. Remove from heat and add the tea bag. Let brew for 5 minutes. Remove the tea bag, giving a good squeeze to remove all the almond milk.
- Combine the peaches, tea mixture, honey, and vanilla in a blender. Puree until mostly smooth, leaving a few peach chunks if desired. Divide the mixture into a 6 popsicle mold. Set popsicle sticks in and freeze for 4 or more hours, until the popsicles are set.
- If needed, run the molds under lukewarm water for 15 or seconds to loosen the popsicle.
Tips & Tricks: Peaches not in season? Frozen peaches work too!
Nutrition: see the information.
- Calories: 58
- Sugar: 12.1
- Sodium: 28.7
- Fat: 0.6
- Carbohydrates: 13.3
- Protein: 0.9
Peach Tea Popsicles
These peach tea popsicles have come in to heavy rotation in our house thanks to an excess of peaches and ice tea we always have on hand. A few other ways that you can add to this above recipe:
Ginger: For an extra boost of flavor, I like to leave out the vanilla and add a couple teaspoons of freshly ground ginger to the hot almond milk/tea mixture for a nice ginger-peach tea flavor.
Yogurt: Almond milk not something you keep on hand? No worries- yogurt is a nice substituion for the almond milk. I usually have plain regular or greek yogurt on hand. It’s a perfect popsicle addition.
Alcohol: A little bourbon can be a nice addition!
While I tend to choose coffee as my morning drink of choice, iced tea sustains me through the rest of the day. We always have a pitcher in the refrigerator and these peach tea popsicles are a perfect extension of my tea love. I like Stash’s tea and their iced tea has great flavor, perfect for drinking or using in recipes! (Also, Stash’s Organic Chai Tea got me through pregnancy!) Serve a cold glass of iced tea with one of my favorite recipes:
Roasted Sweet Corn Salad
Garlicky Haloumi Tacos