A delicious and hearty pasta featuring roasted cauliflower and a rich poppy seed cream sauce. Perfect to please the vegetarians during this holiday season!
- 1 small head of cauliflower
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 6 ounces whole wheat pasta
Poppy Seed Sauce:
- 1 tablespoon Frontier Co-op Organic Poppy Seeds
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan
- Pasta water, as needed
- Red chile flakes, for serving
- Heat oven to 425˚F. Chop the cauliflower into bite-sized pieces. Place on a sheet tray and toss with the minced garlic, olive oil, and salt. Roast until browning and tender, 25 to 30 minutes.
- While the cauliflower is roasting, cook the pasta until just-tender. Drain, reserving some of the pasta water, and set aside.
- Into a large skillet with high sides, measure in heavy cream and the 1 teaspoon of lemon zest. I eyed it, about 1/2 lemon. Bring the sauce to a simmer and let cook until it thickens slightly, 6 to 8 minutes. Stir in lemon juice and parmesan at the end.
- Add the roasted cauliflower and pasta to the skillet, stirring the mixture together until the noodles are well coated. If the sauce is too thick, add a splash or two of pasta water to thin the sauce a bit.
- Serve with a sprinkle of red chili flakes if desired.