- 1 cup natural sugar
- 1/4 cup smooth natural peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats (see note)
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoons espresso powder
- In a small sauce pan combine the first four ingredients and heat over medium-low heat until the peanut butter/coconut oil is melted and the mixture is hot (4-5 minutes.) Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- In a separate bowl combine the rolled oats, cocoa powder, and espresso powder. Pour the hot peanut butter mixture over the oats and stir until every piece of oat is covered and chocolate is well incorporated. Use a spoon and drop cookies onto a surface covered in parchment paper and flatten them out slightly. Let cool and harden. I made a dozen 2″ cookies (but I’m not so sure how much I spooned into my mouth before they became cookies….)
+ While I call for rolled oats, these cookies come out quick a bit softer with using quick oats.