- 1 cup Whole Wheat Pastry Flour
- 1/4 cup Rye Flour
- 1/4 cup Spelt Flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tablespoons sucanat
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 flax 1 egg= 3T water+ 1T Ground Flaxseed (or chia seed)
- 3 cups frozen strawberries
- 1 1/2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- Pre-heat oven to 200″ with an oven-proof plate inside.
- Combine ground flaxseed and water, set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine the different flours, baking powder, and sucanat. In a separate bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients (including the “eggs.”) Pour over dry ingredients and mix just until combined.
- Heat skillet over medium low heat and brush/spray with a little oil. Take 1/4 measuring cup and dip out batter into skillet. Smooth into a circle and let cook until pancake begins to bubble. Flip and continue to cook for 1-2 more minutes or until pancake is cooked through. Place in oven and continue with remaining batter.
- For topping, heat frozen strawberries in a small pan. Once strawberries are warm, stir in maple syrup. Pour over pancakes to serve.