I feel that snap peas are the quintessential spring/summer produce. Light and refreshing, snap peas are perfect for adjusting to the warmer temperatures of summer.
I’ve mentioned before that I’m a snap pea fiend and eat them like popcorn. However, I also end up with a rather large bag that needs more than snacking to polish it off.
I always feel like developing recipes for snap peas is awkward. The two ways I think to serve snap peas are by themselves or in a giant stir-fry. One side dish and one main meal that is probably already overloaded with veggies. I wanted something that wouldn’t weigh me down and keeps the flavor snap peas.
This dish is more of a warm salad, completely perfect for lunch. The lightness of the snap peas is perfectly paired with a refreshing taste of lemon and the tangy taste of goat cheese.
Lemon Dill Snap Peas and Chickpeas
- Olive oil 1 tablespoon
- 1/3 cup diced Green Onion (roughly half a bunch)
- 1 cup Snap Peas
- 1 tablespoon fresh Dill
- 2-3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 cup Chickpeas
- Goat Cheese, Chives, and Olive Oil to Finish
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add diced green onions and saute until slightly soft, 2-3 minutes. Stir in snap peas, dill, lemon juice, and salt.
- Cook until snap peas are cooked and bright green but still have some snap-3-4 minutes. Add in chickpeas and cook for 2-3 more minutes.
- Remove from heat and toss with goat cheese, chives, and drizzle with a bit more olive oil to finish.
by Erin Alderson