My ideal lunch: salty cheese paired with fresh vegetables and homemade hummus. Look for halloumi in the cheese section of your local Co-op, Trader Joe’s, or Whole Foods.
- 2 cups leaf or shredded lettuce
- 1 small carrot (about 1/2 cup shredded)
- 4 to 5 cherry radishes (about 1/4 cup shredded)
- 2 scallions (minced)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 ounces halloumi
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- ¼ cup hummus
- 2 Flatout Light Original Wraps
- Wash, dry, and place lettuce in a bowl. Using a box grater, shred the carrots and radish. Add the carrots, radish, and minced scallions to the bowl with the lettuce.
- In a small jar, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Pour over the lettuce and toss until well coated.
- Cut the halloumi into 4 slices, roughly 1/4″ thick. Heat a frying pan over medium-low heat. Add the olive oil, swirling the pan around to cover the bottom. Lay the halloumi in the oil and fry until golden brown, about 3 minutes. Flip and fry for 2 to 3 more minutes, until both sides are golden. Transfer halloumi to a plate.
- Assemble wraps by spreading 2 tablespoon of hummus about 2″ from the edge closest to you. Layer with half the salad mixture and two slices of halloumi. Roll, tucking the sides in as you go. Cut in half and repeat with remaining wrap.
Tips and Tricks: Other vegetables that would work well in this wrap include cucumbers, grilled zucchini, or mushrooms.
Nutrition: See the information.
- Calories: 471
- Sugar: 6.2
- Sodium: 1320.4
- Fat: 30.2
- Carbohydrates: 36.9
- Protein: 15.8
- Cholesterol: 50.5