- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 cups shredded Brussels sprouts
- 1/3 cup sliced shallot
- 2 cups cooked grain (pearl couscous, quinoa, or kamut- see note)
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 2 hardboiled eggs
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- In a large pan, heat olive oil over medium-low heat. Add the brussels sprouts and shallots then cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add in the previous cooked (or just cooked) grain and continue to cook for another minute or two. Whisk together the soy sauce, honey, and ginger in a small bowl then add to the Brussels sprout mixture.
- Divide the brussels sprout mixture into two bowls. Slice the eggs and finish with a sprinkle of sesame seeds.
I prefer couscous or quinoa if I’m cooking the grain along side the brussels sprouts. However, leftover longer cooking grains (from previous meals) are great too!
I’ll also often just use the soy sauce and leave out the ginger/honey.