- 1/2 pound asparagus
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1 tablespoon walnut oil
- 2 teaspoons honey
- pinch red chili flakes
- 3–4 handfuls spinach, lettuce, or Asian greens
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 6–10 rice paper wrappers
- Light grill. Toss asparagus with olive oil and place on grill. Cook until lightly charring and soft. Remove from grill and let cool slightly. Slice asparagus into strips and slice strips in half, horizontally, to fit into spring rolls.
- Combine orange juice, walnut oil, honey, and pinch of red chili flakes in a mason jar or other container that has a lid. Shake well and test for chilis- add more if desired.
- In a large bowl, toss together greens and cooked quinoa. Drizzle dressing over and toss until mixture is coated.
- Set up a rolling station with grilled asparagus, quinoa mixture, rice papers, a dish of hot water larger enough to hold the spring rolls, and a cutting board.
- Soak the rice paper for 10-15 seconds (you don’t want it too soft when taking it out of the water but pliable enough to roll.) Place rice paper on a cutting board and load with quinoa mixture and grilled asparagus. Roll, tuck, and fold in sides as you go. Continue with remaining ingredients.
*I made an extra large portion of dressing and kept it to use with this salad.