An easy vegan and gluten-free/grain-free granola using mixed nuts and seeds with coconut flakes, oil, brown rice syrup, and a bit of salt.
- ½ cup mixed nuts: pecans, almonds, hazelnuts, walnuts, pistachios
- ½ cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- ¼ cup seeds: pepitas, sunflower
- 2 tablespoons walnut or melted coconut oil (see note)
- 2 tablespoons brown rice syrup (maple syrup or honey for grain-free)
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 325˚F and cover a sheet tray with parchment paper.
- In a food processor or blender, combine ingredients for the granola and pulse a few times to break down the nuts and coconut flakes.
- Spread onto the sheet tray and press down firmly into a rectangle. Place in the oven and bake for 20 to 30 minutes, rotating the tray once halfway through. The granola should be golden and crisp.
- Remove from the oven and let cool completely. Break the granola into pieces and store in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Tips + Tricks: I love walnut oil but only if I can find oil that is okay with higher heat. If you can’t find this, coconut oil is the next best item.
For this particular version, I used: Pecans, Almonds, Hazelnuts, and sunflower seeds with walnut oil and brown rice syrup.