A quick breakfast using soft goat cheese as a base for toast and topped with lemony-arugula and an egg. Ready in about 15 minutes.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 medium clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 ounce soft goat cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt, divided (see note)
- 1/3 cup arugula (see note)
- Fresh lemon juice
- 1 slice toasted bread
- 1 poached or fried egg
- Crushed red pepper, optional
- Heat a small skillet over low heat. Add the olive oil, followed by the minced garlic, Fry until golden and fragrant; about 2 minutes. Transfer to a bowl with the goat cheese and 1/8 teaspoon salt. Mash/stir the garlic into the goat cheese.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining salt with the arugula and enough lemon juice to coat the arugula. Toss until combined.
- Assemble the toast. Spread the goat cheese then layer on the arugula and poached/fried egg. Top with crushed red pepper or black pepper if desired.
- Tips + Tricks: Whenever I’m at the market, I like to taste the arugula. Different varieties have more of a bite to them. For this I used a more mild arugula but it would work really well with the peppery varieties.
- If you are sensitive to salt, start with less and add more as desired.
- Have leftover ingredients? Find more recipe inspiration: Eggs, Garlic, Arugula
- Calories: 230
- Sugar: 2
- Sodium: 761
- Fat: 13.9
- Saturated Fat: 4.5
- Carbohydrates: 15.7
- Fiber: 1.3
- Protein: 11.1
- Cholesterol: 154