I had a whole post in my head, ready to type out during my layover in Denver this afternoon. Then I got sick, like, forced to go to urgent car and told than I shouldn’t fly for 3-4 days.
Other than not feeling 100%, I’m glad to spend the extra time with M. I’ll take it wherever I can get it.
So today I’m sharing a super simple pasta dish. I love butter, like really love butter. Coupled with a bit of garlic and herbs, I think it makes the perfect sauce to pair with pasta.
This dish is amazingly easy and be used as a base for many additions. Add in different greens, herbs, and cheese- use whatever you have on hand. I also have to put emphasis that when I say butter, I mean organic butter- the extra taste helps put a little “oomph” behind the dish.
Garlic Butter Pasta with Spinach and Parmesan
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 sprigs thyme (or rosemary)
- 2-3 handfuls baby spinach
- 8 ounces pasta
- 3/4 cup shredded parmesan
- In a sauce pan, heat butter over medium-low. Mince garlic and add to pan. Saute for 1, add thyme, and cook for 1 more minute. Add spinach to butter mixture and cook until spinach is wilted.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Add pasta and cook until tender. Drain and add pasta to spinach mixture. Sprinkle parmesan on top and mix everything together.
- Serve with an extra sprinkle of parmesan and thyme.
by Erin Alderson