- Biscuits (see note)
1/2 biscuit recipe
- 3/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan
- 2 tablespoons minced scallions
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 cups loosely packed swiss chard
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 eggs
- 3 to 4 teaspoons spicy brown mustard
- Follow the instructions to make a half batch of the biscuits, using the whole wheat pastry flour in place of the AP/whole wheat flour and adding in the parmesan and scallions if desired.
- While the biscuits are baking, heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add the greens, toss a few times, cover, and remove from the heat. Let sit for 5 minutes, or until the greens have wilted slightly.
- Remove the greens from the skillet. Return the skillet to medium-high heat and add the butter. Fry the eggs, flipping once, until they reach the desired doneness. Assemble the sandwich by cutting a biscuit in half and layering on 1 egg, on-quarter of the greens, and about 1 teaspoon of spicy mustard.
Biscuits: I’ve changed the original biscuit recipe and started using this one from Melissa and while I like the parmesan and scallions in the biscuits, don’t go out of your way to add them. The biscuits are good without them (of course).
Filling amount: These biscuits keep well so if you only want to make one or two sandwiches, reduce the filling accordingly (I usually make all the greens and just eat the extras for lunch).