1 teaspoon olive oil
¼ pound green beans
1 cup (about 1 medium sized) sliced red pepper (see note)
2 teaspoons olive oil
3 tablespoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon garlic chili sauce (see note)
½ teaspoon sesame seeds
2 teaspoons honey
2 ounces thin rice noodles
¼ cup julienned fresh basil
1 teaspoon sesame oil
8, 6” spring roll rice paper wrappers
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium-low heat and add olive oil. Crack the eggs into the pan and break the yolk. Cover the pan with a lid and let cook until the egg is cooked/set. You can flip the eggs if the top isn’t setting. The goal is to keep the egg together.
- When the egg is set, transfer to a cutting board, let cool slightly, then cut into ¼” thick strips that are roughly 3” long.
- Once the eggs are done, prep the vegetables. Trim the green beans, cut in half, then carefully slice the green beans in half lengthwise. Slice the peppers into similar size. Heat a skillet on medium heat and add olive oil followed by the vegetables. Cook until vegetables are tender, 6 to 8 minutes. While the vegetables are cooking, combine soy sauce, chili sauce, sesame seeds, and honey.
- When the vegetables are done, turn the heat to low and add the soy mixture. Cook for a minute or two more, just until the green beans are coated.
- While the vegetables are cooking, cook the noodles according to the package. Drain, rinse, and put the noodles back into the pan. Add the basil and sesame oil to the noodles and toss to coat.
- Once you have all the parts ready, set up your wrapping station with the eggs, vegetables, noodles, wrappers, and a small container of warm water to soak the rice papers.
- Soak the rice paper for 10 seconds (you don’t want it too soft when taking it out of the water, it will soften as you add filling.) Place rice paper on a wet cutting board and load rice noodles, green bean mixture, and eggs. Roll, tuck, and fold in sides as you go. Continue with remaining ingredients.
● Once done slice in half and serve with a little bowl of soy sauce or favorite dipping sauce.