|Stuffed Curry Sweet Potato |
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 60 mins
Total time: 1 hour 10 mins
- 1 sizable sweet potato
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion
- 1/2 green pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup garbanzo beans
- 2 tablespoons veggie broth
- 1/4 cup feta (optional)
- 1 tablespoon of good curry powder
- other optional veggies you can add are: carrots, corn, and/or peas)
- Preheat oven to 400˚.
- Gently scrub the outside of the sweet potato, poke a few wholes through the skin, and place on a baking tray. Bake for however long it takes to cook the sweet potato through (mine took an hour but I also had a LARGE sweet potato.) Remove from oven and let cool slightly.
- Over medium heat, add olive oil to a pan. Add in onions, peppers, and minced garlic cooking until onions are translucent and peppers are cooked through. Add in garbanzo beans and continue to cook until beans are heated through. Remove from heat.
- Lower oven to 375˚.
- Cut sweet potatoes in half and carefully scoop out the insides into a bowl leaving 1/4" of sweet potato with the skin. Mash sweet potatoes in the bowl and stir in the curry powder and veggie broth. Continue to stir until sweet potatoes are mostly smooth. Take a 1/4 of the mixture out and set aside.
- Stir in the veggie mixture along with the feta if you are using it. (for a higher fat option, you can also stir in cream cheese into the filling.) Scoop back into the skins and top with the 1/4 mixture that was set aside. Score with a criss-cross design and place back on the baking tray.
- Bake for another 15-20 minutes or until mixture is heated through.
Recipe by Naturally Ella at https://naturallyella.com/stuffed-curry-sweet-potato/