|Spiced Sweet Potato and Goat Cheese Egg Skillet |
Author: Erin Alderson
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
Total time: 30 mins
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 small onion
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup water
- 2-3 cups 1/4" cubed sweet potato
- 1-2 eggs
- 1-2 ounces goat cheese (*optional)
- In a 7 or 8 inch skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Dice onion and add to skillet, cooking until onion is translucent, 4-5 minutes.
- Stir in paprika and turmeric, cook for 30 seconds. Add water and stir until everything is well combined.
- Carefully stir in cubed sweet potatoes, enough to fill the skillet. Cover with lid and let sweet potatoes cook until almost tender, 6-8 minutes.
- Create a small well in the center and crack eggs. Sprinkle Goat cheese on top. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and cook until egg whites are set.
- Serve with a sprinkle of cilantro.
Recipe by Naturally Ella at https://naturallyella.com/spiced-sweet-potato-and-goat-cheese-egg-skillet/