A minimal ingredient granola that is date-sweetened instead of using traditional sweeteners. Make a big batch to eat throughout the week!
- 4 medjool dates (roughly 2 ounces)
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 300˚ F and line a tray with parchment paper.
- Pit dates and combine with water in a small sauce pan. Cook until dates begin to break down and become soft. Once done, place in a food processor or blender and pulse until smooth.
- Whisk together 1/4 cup of date mixture and melted coconut oil. Combine with oats, almonds, salt and cinnamon. Stir until oats are coated.
- Pour out onto a covered baking tray and bake for 1 hour, stirring every 20 minutes or so until oats are golden.
Tips and Tricks: If you like a little extra sweetness, add dried fruit to your granola after it bakes.
Plan ahead: Find this recipe in the Naturally Ella Real Plans meal planning upgrade
Nutrition: See the information.
- Calories: 302
- Sugar: 6.1
- Sodium: 39.3
- Fat: 15.3
- Carbohydrates: 35.4
- Fiber: 6.7
- Protein: 9.2
- Cholesterol: 0