- 2 tablespoon butter
- 6 ears
- 4 large leeks
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- Remove kernels from ears of corn, set both corn kernels and cobs aside.
- Dice leeks into 1/8″ circles, poke out the inner circles,and soak in water for 5 minutes to remove to dirt and grit in the leeks. Drain and rinse.
- In a large pot, heat butter over medium heat and add leeks. Saute leeks until tender (5-6 minutes.) Add in garlic and continue to cook for another 1-2 minutes or until the garlic is fragrant.
- Stir in corn, thyme, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Stir and cook for 1-2 minutes. Pour in veggie broth and add in corn cobs, bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer. Let cook for 30 minutes- corn should be cooked.
- Remove pot from stove top and spoon out 1/4-1/2 cup of the leek/corn mixture with a slotted spoon and set aside. With an immersion blender (or a regular one) cream soup until most of the corn/leeks are broken down. Return to oven, add heavy cream, and bring back up to a warm temperature. Taste for seasoning and adjust accordingly.
- To serve, ladle into a bowl and sprinkle with corn/leek mixture.