- 1 1/2 cup marinara (I used store bought but homemade will work as well.)
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 4 cup cauliflower
- 2 cup broccoli
- Preheat oven to 400˚.
- Begin by chopping cauliflower and broccoli into small pieces, steam until veggies are tender (but not soggy.)
- While the veggies steam, make the white sauce: Over medium low heat, melt butter. Whisk in flour so that a paste forms. Slowly add in milk and whisk together. Keep over medium low heat and whisk often until the roux begins to thicken (should coat the back of a spoon.) Remove from heat and mix in Parmesan cheese. Once veggies are done, mix white sauce and veggies together.
- In a small bowl, whip ricotta, olive oil, basil, rosemary, and black pepper: set aside.
- Once veggies and white sauce are done, begin to layer ingredients in an 8 x 8 pan. Start with ricotta cheese, then layer on the veggies/white sauce, top with marinara, and finish with breadcrumbs.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until cheese begins to bubble.
Adapted from the Red and White Cauliflower Bake from Vegan Yum Yum and works well as a side or main dish.