- 1/2 cup amaranth
- 1/2 cup whole-fat coconut milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups rhubarb
- 1 teaspoon fresh minced ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 to 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 cup whole-fat coconut milk
- Extra coconut milk and toasted coconut to serve
- Heat a pot over medium heat. Add the amaranth to the pot and toast until fragrant/golden; 1 to 2 minutes. Add water, coconut milk, and salt to the pot. Bring the mixture to a boil, and reduce to a simmer, cover and let simmer for 20 minutes. Remove from heat and let sit for 5 to 10 more minutes to thicken amaranth.
- In a separate pot, combine the ingredients for the rhubarb topping. Heat over medium low until rhubarb is cooked and has broken down. Taste and add extra sweetener or cinnamon as desired.
- Divide the amaranth into two bowls and stir in the rhubarb mixture. Sprinkle with toasted coconut and a drizzle of coconut milk, if desired.