- Black Bean Pasta
- 1 large ear fresh sweet corn
- 1 cup quartered grape tomatoes
- 1 jalapeno, deseeded and diced
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 ounces black bean or regular pasta
- Cilantro Pesto
- 1 cup packed cilantro (see note)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons diced scallions
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- 1/4 to 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- Heat oven to 400˚. Remove the kernels from the cob and combine with the grape tomatoes and jalapeno. Toss with olive oil and spread out on a baking tray. Roast until tomatoes are tender an corn is cooked, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Cook pasta according to box. Drain, place in a bowl, and toss with sweet corn mixture.
- In a blender, combine the ingredients for the pesto. Puree until combined. Add more olive oil/lime juice if the cilantro leaves are not pureeing.
- Combine the warm pasta with the roasted corn mixture and pesto. Serve with a sprinkle of cilantro.
Cilantro Stems: When I make pesto, I don’t bother pulling off the leaves and discarding the stems. If you have a good blender, it should be able to puree everything (and then you’re not wasting anything!)
Add some cheese: I personally would toss on a bit of cheese, like crumbled cotija. However, the the cheese is completely optional- it’s a flavorful dish without!