A perfect way to start your day, this chocolate amaranth porridge is rich and filling without being overly sweet.
- 1 1/2 cups plain (unsweetened almond milk)
- 2 scoops Kashi GOLEAN® Plant Powered Dark Cocoa Power
- 1/2 cup teff
- 1/2 vanilla bean
- 2 to 3 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon chopped dark chocolate (plus extra for garnishing)
- Pinch of salt
- Sliced Almonds (for topping)
- In a blender, combine the almond milk with the protein powder, blending until smooth.
- Combine the almond milk mixture with the teff and beans from the half of vanilla bean. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, cover, and let cook, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes. If the porridge begins to thicken too much, add a splash more almond milk as needed.
- Add in the maple syrup, dark chocolate, and salt. Cover and continue to cook until the porridge is thick and creamy, 3 to 5 minutes. Taste and adjust salt/sweetener as desired.
- Place in a bowl and sprinkle with extra chocolate and sliced almonds.