This recipe has been archived. This site originally started as a playground for learning. These older recipes are not the same caliber as the ones I produce today. Look at this recipe more as a suggestion/inspiration and if you have specific questions about the recipe, please feel free to reach out.
- 1 can 28oz whole peeled tomatoes
- 1 none chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- 1/2 medium onion
- none salt and pepper
- 1/4–1/2 cup milk (or heavy cream)
- croutons and feta cheese for topping
- Pre-heat oven to 400˚. In an 8×8 pan combine the can of tomatoes, onions, and chipotle pepper*. Place in oven and cook for 40 minutes. Once tomatoes begin to brown, remove from the oven and pour into a pot. With an immersion blender, puree tomatoes (if no immersion blender, use a regular blender.) Add enough milk to bring to a consistency you like and re-heat the soup. Pour into the bowls and top with croutons and feta.
A note about the Chipotle Pepper: I used two and found it to be just a tad bit over powering and that is why I reduced the recipe to one. However, if you still want the flavor with little heat add the adobo sauce to the pan inside of a pepper to reduce the heat.