An herb-forward sauce and condiment that works wonderfully with roasted and grilled vegetables.
- 1/4 cup finely minced parsley
- 1/4 cup finely minced cilantro
- 1 small shallot finely minced
- 2 cloves garlic finely minced
- 1 tablespoon finely minced fresh oregano
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Combine ingredients for chimichurri sauce in a small bowl. Whisk together until well combined. Let sit for 20 to 30 minutes before serving.
Tips & Tricks: This is one recipe I like to use stems and all for the parsley and cilantro. Everything is minced so fine that it works well.
If you don’t feel like chopping, you could use a blender to make this sauce. However, the texture is not quite the same as it tends to emulsive.
I like to use Mexican oregano but I know it’s not easy to find fresh (I grow it). If you have some, I would suggest using that instead of Mediterranean oregano.