A flavorful and easy vegan bowl using one of my favorite cooking components: cashew cream. The roasted ginger puts this bowl over the top!
- 1/4 pound carrots
- 1” square piece of ginger, peeled
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil, melted
- 2 teaspoons dark miso
- 3/4 cup [url] cashew cream∞https://naturallyella.com/cashew-cream/[/url]
- Water, for thinning
- 6 ounces udon or ramen noodles
- Toasted Cashews for topping (see note)
- Fresh Minced Cilantro, for topping
- Pepper Flakes, for topping
- Preheat oven to 400˚F. Cut the carrots and ginger into ¼” pieces. Place in a roasting pan and toss/coat with coconut oil. Roast until the carrots are tender, 20 to 25 minutes. Remove and let cool slightly.
- While the carrots are roasting, cook noodles according to package. Drain and set aside.
- Place the roasted carrots in a blender along with the miso and cashew cream. Puree until smooth, adding water as needed to thin the sauce to a pourable consistency.
- Place noodles in a bowl and add the sauce. Toss until the noodles are well coated. Top with cashews, minced cilantro, and pepper flakes before serving.
Tips & Tricks: For recipes like this, I like to toast my cashews in a bit of coconut oil. Over medium heat, melt a teaspoon or so in a skillet and add the cashews. Cook, shaking the pan often, until the cashews are golden.
You could make this sauce ahead of time and assemble when ready to eat. The sauce makes about twice what you need so you could halve the recipe but I like to make the full batch and use for lunch the next day. The sauce makes for a great dressing for salads (or more noodle bowls!)
Nutrition: see the information.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 520
- Sugar: 6.8
- Sodium: 264
- Fat: 16.2
- Carbohydrates: 78.6
- Fiber: 5.5
- Protein: 16.6
- Cholesterol: 0