I’ve been off my game.
What exactly does that mean? I had a different recipe to share with you today (the only other one I made while out in California) and I deleted the photos from my camera without thinking twice. I’ve been overly forgetful lately and overall I’ve felt two steps behind myself. Of course, having tonsillitis and being away from home will do that. December has flown by and I’m still catching my breathe.
So instead, I’m sharing this recipe. I know, it’s probably odd seeing buffalo sauce paired with something vegetarian, but I promise- it’s the perfect comfort food. I first realized how delicious chickpeas/hot sauce were together when I made this loaded baked potato.
Alright, today is catch-up on everything I’ve neglected for the past two weeks day and then hang-out time with M who is back in Illinois for a week (yay)! Hope everyone had a wonderful holiday!
Buffalo Chickpea and Bulgur Chili
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion
- 1/4 cup bulgur
- 2 cups stewed tomatoes
- 1 cup veggie broth
- 1 1/2 cups chickpeas
- 1/2 cup Frank's red hot (or favorite sub)
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- blue cheese
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in a sauce pan. Minced onion and add to pan, cooking until tender, 5-6 minutes.
- Stir in bulgur, stewed tomatoes, and veggie broth. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer and let cook for 10 minutes. Add in chickpeas, Frank's, smoked paprika, and salt. Continue to cook until bulgur is tender, 10-15 more minutes. Add more veggie broth to reach desired consistency. Taste and adjust salt.
- To serve, place soup in broiler-safe bowls. Top with croutons and blue cheese. Place under broiler and let cheese melt (watch carefully- the cheese with melt fast!)