I want to stay here in time. Right here. Where there are fresh strawberries, 70˚ weather, and plenty of time to go for a long bike ride.
To make an even better weekend: I picked these strawberries.
Sure my clothes were wet (lovely rain), hands were muddy, hair was in my face, and I was sweating (lovely mental image, right?) However, I still want to stay here in time.
Can I loop this weekend? At least until school starts.
No? Okay. At least I have a recipe to take out of this weekend with my lovely strawberries. I have fallen in love with Buckwheat flour. The taste gives whatever I use it in an earthy flavor which is no surprise considering buckwheat is actually a fruit seed related to rhubarb (another one of my favorites.)
So now I have have this earthy, healthy waffle filled and topped with delicious strawberries that can remind me of this fantastic weekend.
mmm… weekend waffle
Buckwheat Strawberry Waffles
- 1/2 cup buckwheat flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 3 tablespoon egg whites
- 1 tablespoon agave
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 1/2 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 cup strawberries, diced
- Combine dry ingredients in a bowl to combine. Whisk wet ingredients together and pour into dry ingredients. Stir until barely combined (there can still be lumps), fold in strawberries, and set a side. Heat waffle maker.
- Cook waffles according to waffle maker instruction. Serve with extra strawberries on top.
by Erin Alderson