- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 ears of corn
- 1/2 cup black beans
- 1 medium onion
- 1 medium green pepper
- 1 tablespoon spicy pepper
- 1 tablespoon mole seasoning
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
- Everything Else:
- sour cream
- taco shells or corn tortillas
- Remove corn from the cob and set aside. (I use the two bowl method by placing a small bowl in a large bowl. This keeps the corn from flying everywhere in your kitchen.)
- Heat olive oil in skillet over medium heat. Add in finely diced onion and the peppers and cook until onions become slightly translucent. Add in corn and continue to cook for another 3-4 minutes or until corn is cooked through. Finally, add in the black beans and mole seasoning. Cook for another 3-4 minutes so that the beans heat through and the seasoning becomes fragrant. Stir in cilantro and turn off heat.
- If using a corn tortilla, place in a clean skillet and heat on both sides until the tortilla becomes pliable. Spoon in corn mixture and top with your favorite toppings.
*make your own mole spice blend: recipe here!