- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon sucanat (or brown sugar)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon flax seed
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 large apple, peeled and cubed
- Preheat oven to 375˚.
- Peel large apple (or a couple small ones). Cube into 1/2″ pieces at set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the oats, sucanat, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt, stir to combine. In a separate bowl, whisk to together remaining ingredients.
- Take two ramekins 4 or 5″ in size. Layer 1/2 of the apples in the bottom of each ramekin and follow with a half of the oat mixture in the bottom of each and pour a couple of tablespoons of the milk over the oats. Layer the remaining apples, oats, and finish by pouring remaining milk on top of each ramekin.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes until apples are bubbling and oats are browned on top. Serve with extra milk or sugar, depending on how you like your oatmeal.