- 1 pound asparagus
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 heaping tablespoon minced ginger
- 1 tablespoon olive or coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon brown rice miso
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame seeds (see note)
- 2 cups cooked rice or quinoa, for serving
- Sesame seeds, for serving
- Chili flakes, for serving
- Trim ends off the asparagus and cut, on the bias, into 1″ long pieces. Mince the garlic and combine with the ginger. Prep the sauce by combine ingredients in a small bowl and whisking together.
- Preheat a large skillet or wok over medium heat. Add in the oil followed by the asparagus. Cook, stirring occasionally, until asparagus is tender and starting to brown, 4 to 6 minutes. Stir in the garlic and ginger, cooking for one more minute.
- Stir in the sauce and cook until hot, one to two minutes. Serve over your choice of grains and sprinkle with sesame seeds and chili flakes (as desired).
+ To toast sesame seeds, place in a dry skillet over medium-low heat. Toast, stirring every 10 seconds or so, until the sesame seeds are golden and fragrant.