We’ve reached the final salad and I have to say, even though it’s simple, it’s a favorite. My goal was to make this egg bake portable. I think it worked out pretty darn well (minus the part where I forgot to add the hard boiled eggs). It’s a fairly simple salad that packs a bit of flavor. I also think this would be lovely with sweet potatoes in the fall.
I hope everyone has a lovely weekend. I’ve got plans for hiking, cooking, writing, website making, and relaxing (a perfect weekend for me!)
- 1 lb red potatoes
- ½ medium onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes (*optional)
- 3-4 handfuls baby spinach
- 1 recipe for blue cheese dressing**
- Preheat oven to 400˚.
- Cut potatoes in half, length wise, and then each half lengthwise again. Dice into ½” slices. Cut onions into chunks as well.
- In a large baking dish (I use a pie pan or 11″ quiche pan), add potatoes and onions. Mince garlic and add to pan along with the heavy cream, paprika, salt, and pepper flakes. Using a spoon or your hands, toss everything together so that potatoes and onions are coated.
- Bake for 10 minutes, stir, and bake for another 15-20 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Remove and let cool.
- Whip up blue cheese dressing according to directions.
- To pack for a picnic, let potatoes cool and place dressing in a small container.