Oh Zucchini. I sometimes feel bad for zucchini. It is such a forgiving vegetable. You turn your back for five minutes and it seems like not only do you have too many, they are all the size of a small child. One can only make zucchini bread for so long and before long, you have zucchini everywhere. But trust me when I say that there are so many options beyond the good ole loaf of zucchini bread.
To keep zucchini, I love to cube it up. From there you go through the normal cycle: blanch for two minutes, ice bath, pat dry, and sit in a freezer safe container. You can also shred zucchini with the same process. All in all, it’s great to know that with so much zucchini in the summer, it can be easily saved throughout the year.
A quick aside, zucchini flowers are also fantastique. Here is a quick article that gives you a few more facts on the flower!
My recipes for Zucchini:
Recipes from around the web:
- Zucchini Noodles with Arrabiata Chickpeas from Cookie and Kate
- Zucchini Carpaccio Salad from Love and Lemons
- Zucchini Toast from Sprouted Kitchen
- Zucchini Slaw from The First Mess
- Chocolate Olive Oil Zucchini Bread from Seven Spoons
- Zucchini Ricotta Cheesecake from 101 Cookbooks
- Zucchini Ribbon Salad from A Couple Cooks
- Zucchini Pancakes from This Homemade Life