If asked what my favorite raw fruit is, peaches would not be near the top. I didn’t really eat peaches growing up and the whole “fuzzy” outside kind of turned me off. It wasn’t until I started hitting up the farmers’ market that I realized what a great resource peaches can be, especially when cooked. They take on a life of their own when sautéed with a bit of butter and cinnamon. Even more, they make for delicious pizza toppings and grilled-cheese partners.
I have to be honest in saying that I don’t really keep peaches around. Once peaches are out of season, I let them go until they come again next year. However, this article gives you step by step instructions on how best to freeze peaches. I’ve also been told they are great for canning as well.
My recipes for peaches:
Recipes from around the web:
- Peach Mojito from Cookie and Kate
- Peach Maple Bundt Cake from Good Things Grow
- Peach Gnocchi from 101 Cookbooks
- White Peaches with Honey-Vanilla Mascarpone from Turntable Kitchen
- Peach Crumble Oatmeal from The Yellow House
- Peach Salsa from This Homemade Life
- Peachy Keen Raw Cobbler from My New Roots
- Honey Poached Peaches from Seven Spoons
- Peachy Spring Rolls from Camille Styles
- Summer Peach and Heirloom Tomato Pizza from Cara’s Cravings
- Peach and Tomato Bruschetta from Foodie Crush