Beets are something that has slowly grown on me since I started with the CSA. While they can be a pain to peel (and leave redness everywhere), beets hold a delicious earthy flavor that is not to be missed. My favorite so far has been adding beets to a chocolate cake. The beets brought out an extra earthiness in the chocolate that made the cake delicious. Now that I’m learning to like beets, I look forward to trying out new recipes this summer!
There is a way to freeze beets but honestly, I’ve never done it. Freezing beets is something I am going to work on this summer and hopefully figure out the best way to do it!
My recipes for Beets:
Recipes from around the web:
- Beet and Barley Salad from The Yellow House
- Roasted beets and arugula with horseradish cream from Five and Spice
- Beet, Seed, and Blood Orange Cake from Happyolks
- Raw Beet Salad with dill and walnuts from Adrienne Eats
- Heart Beat Rawvioli with Pesto Oil my My New Roots
- Roasted Beet and Fennel Soup from Turntable Kitchen
- Beets and Chickpeas with Jalapeno Yogurt from Love and Lemons
- Beet Crudo with Chimichurri from The Year in Food