You may be wondering why my button is full of white radishes. It is actually because whenever I have the choice, I grab these beautiful radishes. They are my grandmother’s favorite. However, radishes come in all shapes and sizes but it’s there sharp taste that sets them apart. While most recipes call for raw radishes, I have fallen in love with roasting them. The roasting brings about a bit of sweetness that is otherwise not there.
Radishes are recommended for cold, moist storage and will possibly keep up to four months. While a root cellar is best for this, I often keep them in my produce draw in the refrigerator for as long as I can.
My Recipes for Radishes (of which I have neglected the radish, but I’m hoping to improve that!):
- Breakfast Tacos with Avocado Radish Salsa from The Year in Food
- Roasted radishes & radish greens with dill from The Yellow House
- Pan-Seared Radish and Avocado Salad from Food Republik
- French Breakfast Radish and Sunflower Sprout Tartines from Gourmande in the Kitchen
- Cinnamon Sugar Radish Chips from Pinch of Yum
- Radish and Pea Salad with Lemon Oregano Vinaigrette from A Couple Cooks