Kohlrabi is something that usually throws people for a loop the first time they get one (I know it did me!) Kohlrabi is in the same line as cabbage and in a way has a familiar taste. Kohlrabi is best when the first couple of layers are peeled away and then it’s up to you how you serve it! It works well raw but can also be quite tasty cooked.
To freeze Kohlrabi, simply blanche, ice bath, let cool, and then pack away in a freezer safe container.
Recipes from around the web:
- Chili Dusted Kohlrabi Fried from Five and Spice
- Kohlrabi Puree from Farmgirl Fare
- Roasted Kohlrabi from A Veggie Venture
- Kohlrabi Slaw with Fennel and Ginger from Pepper Lynn
- Vegetarian Spring Rolls With Shredded Kohlrabi from the NY Times
- Kohlrabi Salad from Sassy Radish
- Kohlrabi Fritters with Herbs from My Conscience Eating
- Butter Braised Kohlrabi from Saveur