[ba-column size=”one-half” last=”0″]
[ba-column size=”one-half” last=”1″]
As I’m trying to think of words to type for this post, I’m switching back and forth from news, twitter, and here. I come back here after a few minutes willing the words to spill out onto the page but it seems I don’t have much to write about, my brain knows I’m on some sort of vacation and that blogging (along with a few other things), are far from my mind.
We’re headed to San Francisco to wander around for a couple of days. It’s been years since I’ve been, I think I was 13, and Mike has never been. So we’re going to wing it and explore (along with hitting up the Renegade Craft Fair).
So I leave you with this simple soup. The cauliflower taste isn’t very strong but with all the cheese I feel a bit healthier knowing a whole head of cauliflower is packed away. It’s a fairly loose recipe and should really just be adapted for whatever size head of cauliflower you buy, just add a little more veggie broth and cheese as needed).
Off to explore!
- 1 medium head cauliflower
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3-4 cups veggie broth
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup vegetarian parmesan cheese, topping
- Preheat oven to 400˚.
- Cut cauliflower head in to small pieces. Toss with 1 tablespoon olive oil and roast until tender, 20-25 minutes.
- In a large pot, heat remaining olive oil over medium heat. Mince garlic, add to pot, and cook for one minute. Stir in roasted cauliflower, thyme, salt, pepper, and 3 cups veggie broth. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, and let cook for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and using a blender or an immersion blender, puree soup. Return to a medium heat and let cook for 3-4 more minutes, tasting and adding more salt/pepper as needed.
- Remove from heat and stir in cheddar cheese until melted. Serve with a sprinkle of parmesan cheese.