Grilled Mango and Spicy Cabbage Spring Rolls
Author: Erin Alderson
- 1/2 small head red cabbage, shredded
- 1/2 medium red pepper
- 1 small red onion
- 1/3 cup cilantro
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1-4 teaspoon sriracha
- 1 ripe mango
- 6-8 spring roll wrappers
- Cut red peppers and onions into fine strips and combine in a bowl with shredded cabbage and cilantro. Combine soy sauce, lime juice, sesame oil, and sriracha (1 for minimal spice heat, 4 teaspoons for spicy) in a jar with lid. Shake on combined and pour over cabbage mixture. Toss and let sit for 1 hour.
- Light grill or grill pan. Peel mango and cut into 1/2" thick strips, around pit. Place on grill and cook on each side for 3-4 minutes or until mango is slightly charred.
- Set up a rolling station with grilled mango, cabbage mixture, rice papers, a dish of hot water larger enough to hold the spring rolls, and a cutting board.
- Soak the rice paper for 10-15 seconds (you don’t want it too soft when taking it out of the water but pliable enough to roll.) Place rice paper on a cutting board and load with cabbage mixture and grilled mango. Roll, tuck, and fold in sides as you go. Continue with remaining ingredients.