|Brussel Sprout, Fig, and Feta Ravioli |
Author: Erin Alderson
Prep time: 20 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
Total time: 30 mins
- 1½ cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons water
- ½ lb brussel sprouts
- 4 dried figs
- ⅓ cup feta (or gorgonzola, goat cheese, or blue cheese)
- Butter Sauce:
- ¼ cup butter
- 2 clove garlic
- 2 teaspoon rosemary
- Combine whole wheat flour and salt on a clean surface. Make a well, add two eggs, and 3 tablespoons of water. Using a fork, whisk eggs and slowly begin to incorporate flour.
- Continue to incorporate flour and a paste will soon form. Continue to mix (eventually ditching the fork for your hands) and knead dough into a smooth ball.
- Let sit for 20-30 minutes.
- While dough sits, pulse figs in a food processor. Add brussel sprouts and cheese, continuing to pulse until well blended. Set aside.
- Using a pasta attachment or rolling pin, roll out pasta. Pasta should be thin but still hold together. Measure out ravioli (if you have a cutter).
- Spoon mixture by tablespoons onto dough. Fold dough over and crimp.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Adding 3-4 ravioli at a time, cook until ravioli float to the top (5-6 minutes.) Remove and continue with remaining ravioli.
- Melt butter in sauce pan. Add in garlic and rosemary, cooking until garlic is fragrant. Toss with ravioli and serve.
Recipe by Naturally Ella at http://naturallyella.com/brussel-sprout-fig-and-feta-ravioli-video/