Author: Erin Alderson
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 45 mins
Total time: 55 mins
- 3-4 cups of non-roasted, unsalted peanuts or roasted, unsalted peanuts
- 1 tablespoon of honey or maple syrup
- pinch of salt
- If using non-roasted peanuts, place peanuts on a baking tray covered in parchment paper. Roast at 275˚ for 45 minutes. Peanuts should have a nice roasted flavor to them. If using roasted peanuts, skip this step.
- Place peanuts in a food processor and turn on. Peanuts will go through different stages but you will want to let your food processor run until the oil has released from peanuts. Turn off food processor and transfer to a mason jar.
- Stir in a pinch of salt and desired sweetener. Cover with an air tight lid and keep in the refrigerator.
If you are a fan of even creamier peanut butter, you can stir in extra oil. I personally like my peanut butter with as minimal ingredients (sometimes even without the salt or honey.)
Recipe by Naturally Ella at http://naturallyella.com/2012/01/30/peanut-butter-and-life-lessons-on-failure/