|Buffalo Chickpea Loaded Potato |
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 45 mins
Total time: 50 mins
- 2 potatoes
- 1/2 cup chickpeas
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup franks red hot
- 1-2 tablespoons butter (no necessary but reduces heat.)
- Topping options: Bleu Cheese, Cheddar Cheese, and/or Ranch
- Bake Potato (either in microwave or oven.)
- While Potato is baking, slice some onion and toss it in a pan with a little olive oil. Cook until onion is translucent. Toss in chickpeas and cook for another 1-2 minutes. Finally add in Franks Red Hot (and butter if you don't like it spicy.) Continue to heat and stir for 1-2 more minutes.
- Slice potato in half and squish the sides. Top with chickpea mixture and cheese. Serve with ranch or blue cheese.
Recipe by Naturally Ella at http://naturallyella.com/2012/01/03/buffalo-chickpea-loaded-potato/