|Butternut Squash Mac and Cheese |
Author: Erin Alderson
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 25 mins
Total time: 40 mins
- 2 cup butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 2 tablespoons vegetable broth
- 1½ tablespoon butter
- 1½ tablespoon flour
- pinches salt, pepper, and garlic
- ¾ cup milk
- 1½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 10 ounces pasta
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and add butternut squash. Cook until squash is softened and drained. Place in a food processor, add broth, and pulse until mixture is smooth. Set aside.
- Prepare pasta according to box (or how you normally do it!) Drain and set aside.
- In a small pan, heat butter over medium-low heat until melted. Whisk in flour and let cook for 1-2 minutes. Whisk in milk, butternut squash, salt, pepper, and garlic. Continue to whisk until the mixture begins to thicken (1-2 more minutes). Once thickened, remove from the burner and mix in cheese, continuing to whisk until melted (if the sauce seems too thick, add a little more milk.) Stir into pasta and serve.
Recipe by Naturally Ella at http://naturallyella.com/butternut-squash-mac-and-cheese/