|Barley Crepes with Yogurt and Cinnamon-Honey Bananas |
Author: Erin Alderson
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
Total time: 15 mins
Between the barley flour and bananas, these crepes don't need a whole lot of extra sweetness. If you don't have barley flour, use whole wheat pastry flour or sub in oat flour for a good gluten-free alternative. Also, feel free to use melted butter in place of the walnut oil.
- ¼ cup Barley Flour
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon walnut oil
- 1 cup whole milk greek yogurt
- 2 medium bananas
- 4 teaspoons honey
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Whisk together barley flour, salt, eggs, milk, and oil until smooth. Heat 8″ skillet and lightly grease with oil. Place a scant ¼ cup of batter in pan. Tilt the pan so that the batter covers the entire pan and cook for about 30 seconds. Flip and cook for another 15 seconds. Layer done crepes, slightly overlapping, on a plate.
- Peel and cut banana into 1/2" slices. Combine with honey and cinnamon in a skillet over medium heat. Let simmer, turning bananas at least once, until bananas are tender, 3-4 minutes.
- Once crepes are done, smear 1/4 cup yogurt on half of one side. Layer a few bananas on top, folder over, and repeat with remaining crepes*. Spoon honey and left over banana slices over crepes and serve.
Recipe by Naturally Ella at http://naturallyella.com/barley-crepes-with-yogurt-and-cinnamon-honey-bananas/