|Spiced Sweet Potato and Goat Cheese Egg Skillet |
Author: Erin Alderson
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
Total time: 30 mins
- ½ teaspoon olive oil
- ½ small onion
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup water
- 2-3 cups ¼" cubed sweet potato
- 1-2 eggs
- 1-2 ounces goat cheese (*optional)
- In a 7 or 8 inch skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Dice onion and add to skillet, cooking until onion is translucent, 4-5 minutes.
- Stir in paprika and turmeric, cook for 30 seconds. Add water and stir until everything is well combined.
- Carefully stir in cubed sweet potatoes, enough to fill the skillet. Cover with lid and let sweet potatoes cook until almost tender, 6-8 minutes.
- Create a small well in the center and crack eggs. Sprinkle Goat cheese on top. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and cook until egg whites are set.
- Serve with a sprinkle of cilantro.
Recipe by Naturally Ella at http://naturallyella.com/2013/02/20/spiced-sweet-potato-and-goat-cheese-egg-skillet/