I felt the need to include polenta in this list because I love it and I think some people are slightly scared of it. When first cooked, polenta amounts to a porridge like substance (which is great) but from there, polenta can be baked (which I was what I love!) Polenta is finely ground cornmeal that is full of nutrients and fairly simple to prepare for both the creamy version and the crispy version. While cornmeal can be used in place of polenta, the texture and the flavor just aren’t quite the same.
Polenta is best when made fresh but if you have leftovers, it is easy to make in to crispy triangles perfect for topping with veggies.
Recipes for polenta:
- Polenta Cakes from Adrienne Eats
- Polenta with Mushrooms and Caramelized Onions from Love and Lemons
- Peppery Polenta Bites from (Never)Homemaker
- Creamy Polenta with Thyme Roasted Tomatoes from A House in the Hills
- Grapefruit Cardamom Polenta Cakes from Eats Well with Others
- Polenta Napoleons with Tomato Vegetable Ragout from The Fig Tree
- Grilled Polenta from the Healthy Foodie