I love spring.
Especially when spring produces asparagus.
I love asparagus.
Need I say more (can you tell I’m brain dead- it’s finals week!)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 large leek
- 1 bunch green onion
- 1 cup Arborio rice
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 3-4 cup vegetable stock
- 1 pound asparagus
- 4 ounce Mascarpone Cheese
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese
- none zest and juice from 1/2 lemon
- In a large pot, heat vegetable stock up to a boil. Dice asparagus diagonally and once stock reaches a boil, blanch asparagus for 1-2 minutes. Strain asparagus with a slotted spoon and run under cold water. Set aside and reduce stock to a simmer.
- In another pan, melt butter with olive oil. Dice leeks and green onions, combine, and soak in cold water to remove dirt. Add leek mixture to pan and saute until tender. Add rice and mix with leeks. Add wine and continue to stir until wine is absorbed. Once wine is absorbed, add two ladles of stock and stir. Once stock is absorbed, add more stock. After 15 minutes, add in asparagus. Keep adding/absorbing stock until risotto until the rice is tender with just a little bite to the rice.
- When the rice is done, remove from heat and add lemon, mascarpone cheese, and parmesan cheese. Stir until cheese is fully incorporated. Serve right away.