Things have been a bit chaotic around here, to say the least (so if you noticed a slowing of new recipes, here’s why!) The clock is counting down to the launch date of The Homemade Flour Cookbook (hooray!) and the second book is moving into the end sprint of writing and recipe testing. Along with the books, you can now find new recipe contributions online on Craftsy (starting this week) and The Kitchn (uh- pinch me!). And, if you live in the bay area, once a month on Sunday you can find a new weeknight vegetarian dinner in the San Jose Mercury Newspaper. Beyond the monthly contributions, I have a few exciting post on the site lined-up for April and May! (phew!)
This past week I packed up and headed to a cabin for a few days to (hopefully) get a shoot done but thanks to some much needed rain, I moved on to plan B. Lots of fires, tea, writing, and this popcorn. I can probably not mention enough how much I love this adobo seasoning– slightly sweet, slightly spicy. It’s so good and makes for the perfect addition to popcorn!
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/2 cup popcorn kernels
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 tablespoons adobo seasoning*
- Pinch red pepper flakes (optional)
- Heat coconut oil over medium heat in a large stock pot with a lid. Add kernels, cover with a lid, and cook, shaking the pot occasionally to prevent burning. Continue to cook until popping slows.
- Remove from heat and add the melted butter, adobo seasoning, and red pepper flakes. Put the lid back on and shake vigorously until popcorn is well coated.