Yes, I realize that it’s morning and I’m telling you I’m craving cocktails.
It’s fine, really.
See, I’m about to embark on a three week journey to help run a summer music camp at the University where I received my Master’s. While I’m both excited and nervous about the whole thing, I’ll be away from my kitchen for three weeks with very little cooking, probably no photography, and hardly any booze.
While I’ve prepared the blog for my leave, I don’t think I’ve prepared myself. I just started packing yesterday and I’m leaving around noon today. Whoops.
So I’m giving you cocktails today in hopes that one day in the next three weeks, you will enjoy one for me. Even though I’m usually more of a wine or craft beer kind of girl, there are some days that call for a delicious cocktail.
- Caipirinhas from Art and Lemons (The first thing we received when getting to the hotel in Brazil was one of these and I think from that moment, I didn’t drink anything else the entire time!)
- Meyer Lemon Margarita from White on Rice Couple ( can’t go wrong with homemade margaritas!)
- Maple Bourbon Cider from Shutterbean (I’m on a huge maple kick and even though this sounds more of a winter drink, I kind of want it now.)
- Berry Lemonade Cocktail from Design Crush (Yes and Yes- perfect for summer!)
- The Mamie Taylor from Five and Spice (I’m really intrigued by a drink that uses rye whiskey and ginger beer!)
- Coconut Mango Mojitos from How Sweet It Is (I feel like this would be the perfect addition to my taco addition lately)
- Raspberry Basil Mojitos from A Spicy Perspective (I think this is a necessity for summer!)
- Lemon Mint Slush from A Couple Cooks (I can attest first hand that these are delicious with a couple splashes of gin!)
- The Shucks Deluxe from Verses from my Kitchen (Peaches and Vodka just scream the end of summer- I can’t wait try this once I get peaches!)
- Vanilla, Pear, and Vodka Cocktail from Two Tarts (Vanilla and pear sounds like an amazing combination!)
- Mint Julep from Foodess (don’t let you mint go to waste this summer- add it to your alcoholic beverages.)
- Summer Fruit Sangria from Boulder Locavore (uh, summer is in the title. This one’s a no brainer.)
- Tarragon Cocktail from A Thought for Food (I’m completely intrigued by tarragon and gin together- sounds amazing!)
- Rosemary Gin Fizz from Cookie and Kate (Kind of along the lines of tarragon and gin, plus I always have a surplus of rosemary in the summer!)
And for those of you who do not or are unable to enjoy one of these fine cocktails, you need to head over to The First Mess and check out Laura’s awesome post on all things iced tea!